Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Reece Celebrates 40!

Since this year has ended on a high note with Reece being back to work, we wanted to invite our friends over to celebrate the holidays and Reece's 40th birthday. It was a great day, spent with friends and family and we got to see some people we haven't seen in a very long time. There were kids running around the house, playing and laughing; good food; lots to drink; and of course the tombstone cake! Yes, the cake was shaped like a tombstone. I started making it for friends' 40th birthdays years ago and Reece asked me to make it for him.

Other than JD's birthdays, we haven't had many parties in the last two years. When you have money to pay the bills and not much else, extras such as parties go on the back burner. Plus, we just really didn't feel like having parties or that we had much to share or celebrate (except JD's birthday, which we would have had if I had nothing to serve but chips, Kool-Aid and cake). We are very blessed though...I have a job that allowed us to pay our bills with Reece's unemployment...I have my parents and my brother and his girlfriend, Amy...I have wonderful in-laws...we have great friends...we have a roof over our head, food to eat, heat to keep us warm and the things we need...and I have my wonderful family - Reece, JD and Bobo kitty.

Hope you enjoy these photos from our celebration! The last two photos are of the boys playing with the gift JD gave to Reece...an RC helicopter.









No comments:

Post a Comment