Monday, December 5, 2011

More fun nail polish...

Just had to share again. We had my company's holiday dinner Saturday night. Got a new dress...NOT black, believe it or not. It's red...bright red and I love it! I found the Sally Hanson Salon Effects for the Christmas season about a month ago and they couldn't have matched better.













After dinner we went out to Cancun Cantina to meet some friends and celebrate December birthdays. The rest of the weekend was pretty much cleaning, laundry, errands and making lists so I don't forget anything before next weekend. Been chipping away on the Christmas gift list and found that some of the gifts won't be given until after the new year, which helps alot. I've got the next two Sundays and most of next Saturday to get wrapping and get anything else I need. I so want to share my latest project, but I'm going to hold off in case the people receiving these gifts check out the blog.

Last Friday I took JD to his school for the Santa Shoppe, where the kids can shop for family / friends and not spend lots of money. Most gifts were $1 to $4 and there were older kids (elves) to help the little ones do their shopping. The little boy JD had was so sweet and very helpful. I had filled out the list on the money envelope with the names he wanted to buy for and hoped for the best. When we left, I told him I'd help him wrap the gifts in bags he could decorate, in a way that I wouldn't be able to see what he bought (there was a gift for me in there). So he proceeds to tell me, "Mommy, I got you a ring." So I said, "Buddy, you're not supposed to tell me...it's a surprise." He says, in a whisper (I guess the volume of his voice made him feel like he was still keeping a secret)  "I'm just going to tell you...I got you a star ring becsaue you're my star." Aawwwwwww! Love that little man. When we get home, he tells me he wants to play with his plane and daddy can help him put it together. Me: "What plane?" JD: "The one I bought at the Santa shop." LOL He didn't forget himself. So, daddy snapped the tail on the plane and JD flew it around the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment