Thursday, December 15, 2011

Crafty, Crafty

Today, while perusing the aisles at Hallmark, I told a friend from work that I was going to have JD (with my help) make some ornaments for my brother's girlfriend. Then I thought, if I don't stop making things I'm never gonna be ready for Christmas. I still have cookies to make for a cookie exchange this weekend, not to mention wrapping all the gifts. The last few nights I've been working hard to get projects done. I put the final touches on a gift for one of my good friends (which I'll post pics of later...she may read this) and finished the gift card tins for JD's teachers. I wanted a creative way to give them...I think we made paper holders last year. Altoid tins are the prefect size for gift cards so I started looking on line and then decided that since we'll be giving Dunkin Donuts gift cards, the cup of cocoa stamp my mother in-law has would be prefect. She's the best and not only did she stamp them for me, she colored them and Stickled them. I cut paper to fit the shape on the lit and attached the finished cup and added a ribbon around the edges so you can't see the writing on it. Here are the gift card tins.

 

Of course I was on the Martha Stewart site and saw these cute candy cane mice made from felt and had to make them for JD's classmates. I have to say cutting the felt was no fun, but sharper scissors might have helped. LOL They turned out so cute. The only thing I might change is the candy canes...get the fruit flavored ones. Not sure how well 4 and 5 year olds like peppermint. JD does, that I know.
There's a chance we might get those ornaments done, but we'll see. LOL Christmas is only 10 days away. Yikes!! Better get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment