Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Bod Pod

Last night I met my friend Betsy at her gym so we could visit the Bod Pod. It's a Body Composition Tracking System Analysis that looks like a big egg with a window in front. A pod. Your DOB, height, and gender are put into the computer and then you are weighed on a scale attached to the computer. After that you sit in the pod for two 50-second intervals. When you're done, the computer gives you a read out of your fat %, fat free%, both those numbers in pounds and it tells you your resting metabolic rate (RMR). This is the minimum energy your body needs to support its basic physiological functions (i.e., heartbeat, breathing, maintaining body temp, etc.). You also find out additional enegy expenditures for sedentary, low active, active and very active days. I was a little nervous to find out my body fat % since the last time I had it done was before I had JD and I used to spend 3 weeknights in the gym. It was not as bad as I thought and as Matt (the guy who ran the test) said, right now it's all about your RMR and how you can use that to change the numbers for your body composition. The Bod Pod will be back on January 24, 2012 - fantastic, right after three eating/party holidays, four including halloween! My goal is to try and change those body comp numbers with this info I now have. We'll see. If you want to find out more about the Bod Pod, check out the link:

http://www.befittest.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment