Wednesday, October 5, 2011

And so it begins...

I've been thinking about doing this for some time now...starting a blog so that friends and family can keep up with us. It's also kind of a record/calendar of events for me, being able to write down thoughts on places we've been, things that have happened and thing to come. At some point (with all the free time I have...not!), I'll get my calendar off the wall in the kitchen and write a blog for all the past months and try to get a few of the important things from the past year.

I used to keep a blog on Windows LiveSpaces and photo albums also. I was so good about the albums and keeping them updated until mid-summer last year when things got crazy at work. If I can somehow transfer them here or to Flickr and post a link, I will. From the day JD was born, through mid-summer last year I was taking and posting a weekly photo of him. There are 3 and a half albums of weekly photos documenting how he changed from week to week. I felt so bad about not keeping up with the weekly photos and the at least monthly blogs on our family, but there was just no time with the hours I was working.

I've been reading some craft and cooking blogs lately and will probably add a few projects to my blogs here and there. The first will probably be my glass jar jack-o-lanterns made with orange tissue paper and modge podge (the best stuff ever!). I've also been reading the blogs of a few friends and they seem so witty and funny. I'm definitely not promising that here folks. I'm sure they might be with time, but right now my goal is to get on here and write the blogs. And so it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment