Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A new rule...

This happened a little while ago and I never posted about it. It's too funny not to share. I had been reading a book called "How to Tuck in a Superhero" that I found on Pinterest and a friend recommened. It's about a woman who has 5 sons and the crazy life they have and the crazy rules she never thought she'd ever have to make. I laughed alot reading it and then I had to laugh at myself, because I had the "I can't believe I had to make that rule" experieince. One day at grandmom's, JD decided he didn't want to put underwear on when he got dressed, so when he got home, he decided he should. When I got home, that's all he was wearing...his underwear...backward. Okay. So later in the evening I saw him taking small toys and things and putting them down the front of his underwear (remember, they're on backward so he's got lots of room). Okay. Then he comes to me in the kitchen and tells me how much he likes collecting things and walks off to the living room and starts removing his "collection." And I'm in the kitchen listening..."I've got a car, and another car, and a bunny, and a block, and a truck and a trash can (from his Trash Pack toys)...and a PIECE OF CHEESE, and..." "What?! Please tell me you don't have cheese in there" I call to him. He comes to the kitchen with a big goofy grin and a mashed up Kraft Single, still in the wrapper...that he had "collected". (I had asked him to put it away earlier after he took out more pieces than he could eat and left it on the coffee table.) So, I told him, "New rule, no collecting food in your underwear!" Really.

Life is never dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment