Thursday, March 22, 2012

Easter Crafts

I finally took some photos of the projects I worked on the last 2 weekends. The first is a plastic egg wreath that I found the instructions for on Pinterest. It was easy enough to do and turned out really well. I used a piece of cardboard cut into a roughly 12-13 inch circle and then cut a nine inch circle from the middle of that to make the ring; 2 packages of multi-size eggs from Michael's; hot glue; leftover easter grass from last year to fill the spaces and hide the cardboard; and a bow I purchased at Michael's.

Plastic Egg Easter Wreath

My next project was Easter cards. My mother in-law got 4 kits for me from the scrapbook store up the street (Photoscraps in Eldersburg, MD) and brought me her Copic marker collection and her stamping inks to use. She also brought a set of Easter stamps she got so I could make additional cards too. The card with the bunny in an airplane and the one with the bunny cacthing butterflies are the kits that I colored, cut out and put together. So cute!!


The next card I came up with, using the bunny in a basket stamp she brought. I stamped the bunny on special cardstock and colored them. The Copic markers are incredible to use. It's best to use them on special paper for Copics, which allows for smooth blending and no bleeding. I used the rest of the stamps in the set to add the words "Good things come in small sugarcoated packages" and "Must Have More Candy" to the front, and "Hoppy Easter" to the inside.


My final project was the paper Easter baskets that my mother in-law showed me how to make. She saw these at scrapbook store also. You trim a 12x12 sheet of medium weight paper to 9x9. Then score it in three inch intervals (so in the end the score marks create 3 rows of 3 squares). Next you score each corner sqaure from the outter corner to the inner corner, which help them fold in to the center of the basket. Punch a hole in each folded corner; run a ribbon through and tie. Use a 1 inch strip of the same paper to make a handle that you attach to the inside. I used a border punch on mine. I'll fill these with some easter grass and put a treat filled egg in each pocket. Plan to make these for family and a few of my friends' children.


scrapbook paper Easter basket - redscrapbook paper Easter basket - yellow
Hope you get to do some fun things for Easter. JD even helped grandmom make his cards for my parents and his god mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment