Friday, January 20, 2012

Five is Fantastic!


JD turned 5 on January 12th. We had a little family dinner with his Grandmom and Grand-daddy (unfortunately my parents we'ren't able to come down from NJ), his Uncle Joe and his cousins, Brynn and Zach. I let him choose what was for dinner...pizza!...and he decided on cupcakes for dessert. I found some great ideas on Pinterest and made tye-dye cupcakes. They were so easy to do and look awesome! I even had help from my neice to make them.


We decided this year to have JD's party with his friends somewhere other than our house. Last year it was a little crowded...in fact, I think that's an understatement. After doing some research, we found our best bet was Adventure Park USA in New Market, MD. It's about a 30 minute drive from our house. The party included pizza and soda for the kids, unlimited time in the indoor playgound area, and 50 credits for each child to use in the arcade. We ordered extra pizzas so the adults could have lunch too and it worked out perfectly. We could have gotten the cake from them too, but we brought one that JD picked out. He saw the Tron cake and decided he wanted that. At that time, he hadn't seen Tron so I can only assume it was the motorcycle that lights up blue that sold it for him. LOL By the way, do you know how hard it is to find any kind of Tron party supplies? Let me tell you it's nearly inpossible. I was able to get some kids paperback books about Tron on Amazon that were reasonable and found some flying discs (looks like the rings on the Tron players backs) and glow stick bracelets at the party store.

The party went well and the kids all had a great time playing. JD loved running and climbing around in the playground with Lindsay, Savannah, Leo, Lucy, Lilly, Sam, James, Maxwell and Connor. As I expected, he came out of there all swetay and red-faced. He played air hockey (first time) with his friend Sam and a little help from Sam's dad and Reece when the puck stopped mid-table. He jumped in the moon bounce with Sydney and Teyla. JD got lots of great gifts from his friends and we're working on thank-you notes at the moment. My mom made us do them and I want JD to learn to do the same.

I think the funniest birthday moment was on the morning of his birthday when I dropped him off at Grandmom's. Our first 5 year old JD Gem. Here's the conversation we had as I was getting him out of the car:

Me: "Come on 5 year old boy, let's get you inside."
JD: "I'm not 5."
Me: "Yes you are, it's your birthday."
JD: "I don't feel older, so I'm not 5."

See, I knew that's how it worked. I tell myself the same thing every year on my birthday...I'm don't feel older, so I'm not older. LOL

Here's to year number 5 buddy...there are lots of great things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment