Thursday, November 10, 2011

JD Gems...

Last night JD and I went to the grocery store and to Kohl's. Kohl's was a last minute decision after JD decided he wanted to go too. The purpose of this trip was to find a sweater for family photos we're having done on Saturday. After looking around a bit and explaining to JD that we weren't buying toys because Christmas was coming soon, he said he had to use the bathroom. So off we run to the restrooms (which curiously smelled like a movie theater and I think it was because it's near the employee break room where someone made popcorn - still, it was weird). JD tells me that the water in the toilet is blue, so I say don't worry about it, it's just cleaner. So he starts going and I hear him say "And now it's turning green!!" So I said "well son, here's your first color theory lesson...yellow and blue make green." I wonder how the other people in the restroom didn't laugh out loud after hearing our conversation. You just never know what's going to happen.

Another time, when we were in Costco, he was riding in the cart and says "mommy, look, a genie!" So I'm looking around and realize he's talking about a woman in a traditional African outfit with the head wrap.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment