Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year....ALREADY?!

JD's been saying to me that it's Christmastime. I keep telling him we have Thanksgiving first, but I'm afraid to take him into the stores now or he'll be sure I'm wrong. The night before last we took the summer decorations - yes, summer; we forgot to put the halloween ones on - off the small tree in his room. We decorate it for Valentine's day, Easter, summer, halloween and Christmas and use it as his night light. He put the Chirstmas decorations on...by himself (Note to self, take a picture for him). He was really proud of the job he did! Last night he wanted to put up Thanksgiving decorations, like window clings and I had to explain the people don't really decorate for Thanksgiving like they do for Halloween and Christmas. Maybe if they did we wouldn't skip from ghost and ghouls to Santa and Roudolph.

I think this is the most disorganized I've felt with the holidays approaching. I've tried to make lists, which usually helps get me focused and feel better, but so far, no dice. The weeks seem to go by faster with each one that passes. The next two months are shaping up to be a marathon of run here, run there, bake, cook, decorate, clean, shop and try not to lose my mind. So far my to do list is looking like this:
  • family holiday photo
  • show in Baltimore (Straight No Chaser - can't wait!!)
  • clean for Thanksgiving and plan dinner - our house this year :-)
  • BLACK FIRDAY!!! (Luckily Kohls and Walmart are right up the street)
  • an IEP meeting for JD
  • my company Chirstmas party
  • clean and prepare for open house
  • lunch with Santa? - we'll see
  • christmas cards
  • gift shopping (after I figure out what to get...gift cards are lookin' mighty fine this year)
  • bake cookies/cookie exchange
  • get anything that needs to be shipped, wrapped and to the post office
  • get all our stuff ready to go to NJ for Christmas
Throw in a possible girls night dinner and scrapbooking day and several birthdays and you have a recipe for mayhem. Somehow it all gets done, but this year it's causing me some stress. Could be that we're also trying to refinance the house during all this too. Well, I'll keep making my lists of food, chores, and events. Hoping your race to the holidays is filled with as little stress as possible, good deals on Christmas gifts, and all the cookie dough you can eat before you put the pans in the oven! Oh yeah, wine too...yeah, wine would be good. LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment