Friday, September 6, 2013

Bath time...question time

So, this past week, during two of the little man's baths, I got some interesting questions. The first was about goosebumps. He said "I have goosebumps....mommy, what are goosebumps?" and then a whole conversation ensued about them. This question was cake compared to the one that came two night later.

His second question, asked very seriously, was "mommy, when am I going to die?" OH. BOY. I told him I didn't know and that no one knows when they'll die. Then he mentioned that he couldn't see things he did in the past, which I didn't quite get. So next he asks "Where do you go when you die?" Luckily, I had just asked a friend who lost her dad what she told her son and I went with it, since I was raised in a Catholic family and she was too. I told him that when you die, because your body stops working, your soul, the part that makes you the person you are, goes to heaven. Next questions was, "Do they have phones in heaven?" "No, I don't believe so" was my answer. So he goes, "I think there should be phones in heaven so that they can call and tell you if you can see things in you past when you're in heaven."  I told him that sounded like a good idea, but I'm still not sure where this "seeing what you did in your past" thing came from.

I asked him if something happened at school, like a classmate having a death in the family and he said no. Then I asked if it was because I had been talking about my company's president's wife, who had just passed away and he said I guess.

The things that kids think sometimes amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment