Monday, May 6, 2013

Oh boy, my slacker side is showing again...

Wow! I haven't posted anything since the beginning of March?! Yikes. That means I have a lot to go through. Maybe several posts. We'll see.

First of all, St. Paddy's Day was pretty quiet this year. We did go out the night before for a few drinks at a local bar, Cobblestone. They had a great DJ that night too. On St. Paddy's, we had dinner with my in-laws and Norm and Michelle. Usually I'll make corned beef and cabbage, but went for Irish Stew instead and it was great. Got the recipe from Pinterest and it used Guinness, of course. Oh, btw, don't ever make marshmallow treats from Lucky Charms. So. Not. Good. I should have just made rice kispy treats and used green food coloring.

The following weekend, Reece and I went to St. Michaels, MD for the weekend to celebrate our 10 anniversary. We stayed at the Tillghman Island Inn. Wasn't too sure about it when we first pulled up, but it was great. The food was fantastic and we met some interesting people. Spent some time walking around St. Michaels on Saturday; had lunch; sampled some local beer, and went to the maratime museum. Pretty quiet weekend, but it was perfect. We got hom on Sunday just in time to take JD to a classmate's birthday party at the bowling alley just up the road. A great weekend!

We went to my mom and dad's for Easter weekend. My brother and his girlfriend, Amy, had an Easter egg hunt for JD again this year and then we had dinner there with my parents and Amy's parents. JD just loves this kind of stuff. The Easter bunny brought him a bunch of yummy scented markers and candy and the Wreck It Ralph movie.

Here are a few pictures from that weekend. Thikning I'll put April in a separate post...more photos from my brother's birthday party to share there.















No comments:

Post a Comment