Friday, November 16, 2012

Holy Turkey Day Batman!

Can't believe Thanksgiving is next week! I stopped by to pick up some stuff from a friend last night and he says to me "You look beat." My reply was "Get used to it, I'll be like this til, ummm, after New Year's." LOL Seriously though, we have stuff to do every weekend between now and the end of the year, so that leaves weeknights to get cookies made, gifts purchased, cards out (sorry guys, not gettin' homemade ones this year!), and other holiday things done in addition to homework, housekeeping, daily chores etc. UGH! I'm losing my mind already. In the last week, I sent JD's permission slip back to school sans the trip fee and sent his data binder back without signing it. Invest in 3M people, I'm gonna need Post-It notes...lots of 'em!

My shopping list seems shorter this year, but maybe it's just because I'm planning to do several "family" gifts and gift cards are on alot of people's lists. I want to try and make some ornaments with JD, something he can paint or color to give to his grandparents and we're also doing a book of his artwork for my mom and dad. In fact I just scanned a bunch of his drawings yesterday and hope to be able to upload everything to Snapfish this weekend and get that ordered.

As far as the full weekends go after Thanksgiving we have my company holiday dinner and then a night out at Cantina; a visit to Michele for a haircut (this is on the list because for those that don't know, I get my hair cut about 2x a year by my friend Michele at her house, so it's usually a long visit with catching up and the kids playing...to me it's an event and I love it!); a trip to the Science Center to use our Groupon; possibly a small football gathering; Reece's Union's Christmas party; the annual cookie swap with my girlfriends, and then it's the weekend before Christmas. Hoping we'll get some time to go see the holiday lights either at Adventure Park or in Columbia at Merriweather Post too.

We'll be heading to my parents next week for the holiday and JD is looking forward to seeing mom-mom and pop-pop. I've still got homemade bread and a pie to bake before we go up and JD has a dentist appointment the day before Thanksgiving as soon as he gets out of school. Thanks goodness I took Wednesday off. I'm also in charge of the turkey this year, so I think I'll bring my girly apron that a friend gave me for Christmas last year. I remember my mom and gram would put on their aprons to cook holiday dinners and it's a wonderful memory. Thinking this new recipe I found on Pinterest for Apple Cider Sangria might be in order too. I would love to get some people together on Friday night to go out and catch up while we're there, but seems as though there are no takers based on the results of my Facebook post. If not, we can try again at Christmas...or not.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment